Teacher Appreciation Week

I'm becoming more organized these days because I usually forget Teacher Appreciation Week.  I decided to make cookies and then went online to find cute labels to add to the bags.  I'm pretty crafty and Pinterest is my go-to for anything I need to make.

I found these cute labels HERE.  I didn't have time to decorate the cute cookies on the page but the labels fit perfectly!



The cookies I made are from a recipe I have used for years and they never disappoint.  I have doctored the recipe to my liking.

Printable Recipe

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C softened butter
1/2 C butter flavored Crisco
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract (I sometimes add more, but adjust to your liking, its really strong!)
2 1/2 C flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips(I'm a Ghirardelli chocolate snob!)

1. Preheat 350 degrees. 
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between eggs.  Add extracts.
3. In another bowl sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. Gradually add the dry to the liquid mixture, do not over mix.
5. fold in chocolate chips
6. scoop golf sized portions on a baking sheet.
7. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.  

*Do not over bake as the cookies will continue to cook on the sheet after you remove them from the oven.  Leave cookies on sheet for a few minutes then put them on a cooling rack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clowns? Really?

Hilarious

New kitty