Freedom

Blog prompt was from Mama Kat (I can't figure out how to do the html part, its been forever since I've done it!)

5. Share something you miss from before you became a mom
I do love these little buggers!



I miss the freedom of spontaneity. When I was first married, my husband at the time was stationed in Germany and was gone about 95% of the time in the field. The army had him gone every few months so I took full advantage of it and saw everything I wanted to see. I had gone on trips to Amsterdam, France, and the Black Forest. We were going to go to England and Italy but didn't make time to go. My dad was also stationed here the same time we were so I went on trips with my mom and sister also. I had made friends who had children and they didn't go out much. I didn't want to live like that.

I actually didn't want children, ok a part of me did, but I enjoyed my child free life. My husband at the time talked to me about having kids when he came back from deployment. I was 24 at the time and I nervously agreed. We tried when he got back and in 3 months time I was pregnant.
I don't regret my kids, even our surprise third one with my husband now. I know that I will get my freedom back when they all grow up and move out. People tell me I will miss the days when they were little. A part of me will, but the "I love my freedom" part will not!

What do you miss?

Comments

  1. That must have been such an adventure! To see all of those places like that! And on a whim. I too miss the freedom to go where ever and when ever - and the money to do it! Now it all goes to hockey and we are slaves to that schedule. OY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah since my kids are getting older, my daughter, who's 10, wants to do gymnastics and basketball...I'm like, "ok, basketball is much cheaper" so she's ok with that! My son is more of an indoors boy, he's 12 and into video games. He wants to be a gamer. I have a feeling that he may never want to leave the house lol. I'm hoping my youngest will want to be active like his sister when he gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Germany. I am so glad for you that you got to take full advantage of your time there. Seeing so much of the country would have been much harder with small children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i remember going to Cheque with a friend of mine and her baby girl, I was nervous for her because it was a run down little city and the women there who were selling things looked like they were slaves. I did get name brand stuff for dirt cheap though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New kitty

Breakfast and study crunch

Clowns? Really?