What would we do without husbands?

I love writing about things that are important to me and when Mama Kat posted writing prompts for this week I was stoked, excited, about writing about someone who means the world to me.  I wasn't sure what kind of post we were supposed to write when it came to the word husband but I decided to write a bit about my husband.

Its not a very long story because we only knew each other a month before getting married on October of 2012 but even though we been together for only 2 1/2 years he changed my life for the better.  When I tell people that he is 6 years younger than I am I get the "ohh cougar!" comment, sometimes people don't believe it, probably because he looks older than I.

But I blame his army career and the fact he was blown up in the 2 deployments he went though.  Those things can make you older than you are.

I was married for 10 years to a man that I should never have been married to.  Ever.  We both agreed when we finally stopped arguing and got along, for once, after so many years.  We divorced in 2011 and we had 2 kids in that crazy marriage that should have never been.

But enough about that.  After a failed marriage, failed relationships, I met my husband through a guy who I thought I loved, come to find out he was not only married but had a girl on the side...yeah I was that naive I guess.  After that break up I wasn't going to go through another relationship, I mean, after so many failures why still try right?

Well, I didn't actually meet my husband until after the breakup.  My ex talked about him since they had 24 hour staff duty a lot.  I did see a picture of him and thought he was cute though!  I thought because he and my now husband worked together he would have known more about him.  I kind of yelled chewed  him out for not letting me know over numerous texts.  My friend had his number because we were trying to set them up and I had asked her to talk to him and text me.  I really just wanted to get him to text me so we can hang out, I honestly didn't care about the guy who I thought loved me, he was dirt to me after that.

The first pic he sent me when we first started texting each other..he thinks he so badass!



We decided to meet in person after a week of chatting.  He came over and never left!  I remember one day when I was at work I was chatting up a lady who told me that she just got married and only knew her husband for a few weeks.  I thought that was crazy!  I came home and told Mountain Man(one of the nicknames I call him) and laughed about it.  He said "Well, when its right, you know it."  I shrugged it off.  A few days later he was hinting marriage, I told him he was crazy because we only knew each other for a few weeks, I went through so many failed relationships I really wasn't crazy about getting married again.  I had my own place, car, job, and doing what I wanted.  He insisted.

So thats the intro to my husband.  After 2 1/2 years he still gives me butterflies, he is the love of my life, the one who I should have been with(despite the 6 year difference!).

Husbands are difficult to deal with, sometimes want to strangle, who makes you so angry, but at the end of the day you are happy to see them.

The things I love most about my husband is is that he looks at me when I talk, he strokes his hand on my cheek, kisses my head when we cuddle, and is truly a unique guy.  He is far from perfect and we argue quite a lot but it doesn't take long until we make up again.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clowns? Really?

Hilarious

New kitty